Mikes Models Water Cranes/Resin Body Kits B17/5,L1

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Mikes Models Water Cranes/Resin Body Kits B17/5,L1

Post by rob »

Picked up the current copy of BRM to-day and was delighted to see Holt Models in Swansea had a few of the old Mikes range advertised.Three of interest to us-NER,NER platform mount and GCR! I have ordered 2 GCR and an NE.Hopefully the quality will be still as good as it was-I thought they might be NOS but these are back in production and others may follow if sales are good and the moulds etc ok.I would love to see GNR,NBR etc as well,plus some of the buffers-I imagine the demand is there.
Also noticed that Golden Arrow are advertising a B17/5 -this was a thread last autumn I think? Equally,has anybody tried the Dean Sidings L1?I know Morgan is grappling with a conversion to an LDCR M with one of their bodies and it looks very good.Also noticed something less appealing,see the next,odd topic.
40A
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 40A »

Excellent news, they have been sadly missed. I shall need at least six of the GN ones.

Gilbert
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Rob,

I could not find the advert in BRM so I made my own enquiries and apparently, the list is actually in Model Rail for July, pages 126 and 127. If your requirement is not listed, do not despair because more items are arriving soon.

I can get my ground mounted NER water column at last.

Colombo
rob

Post by rob »

Sorry to Colombo and and anyone else who wasted time on BRM-it was Modelrail I had,not BRM.I think the members of this forum alone should be enough to get the new Mikes off to a good start-I would like to see the cranes reintroduced as well-I have a wheel drop gantry given to me years ago and hopefully this time a layout large enough to justify it-its a daunting looking kit!

Post by 45609 »

Hi Rob,

Could you post a picture of the GCR water crane? I'd like to see what GC type it represents. Is it the parachute type similar to the ones at the present day Great Central Railway or is it a crane type? I'm actually want to see if the Mikes Model kit is the same as the water cranes found at Nottingham Victoria. I suspect it won't be because I'm sure the cranes at "Vic" were unique.

Cheers....Morgan.

P.S. The M1 is progressing I'll try to post some pics later. Back off to the workbench now.
rob

Post by rob »

Morgan,I will do my best as soon as they arrive.If its any help for now the ref no. is 11 and in my old W&H cat. that one is described as dual arm,floor mounting-sounds intriguing enough.