The Rhubarb Triangle Line

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: The Rhubarb Triangle Line

Post by Robpulham »

drmditch wrote:Do like the implement wagon. Is it an NER A16 by any chance? And would it be possible to have a bigger picture and some details of it's provenance?
Thanks David,

Jonathan is right, it's the Jim McGeown kit. Like all his range that I have built so far, it makes up without any problems and I would recommend them to all.

My hat goes of to you if you plan to scratch build one, I do like a bit of scratch building.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

We got back early from our weekend in Kidderminster and while I was away I had read that Simon had finished wiring the circuit on his line. So I decided to cut the grass and since the sun was shining to make a start on the track for the line. First I laid it all out to see whether I had enough, sadly not but I am only about 6 or 7 lengths short and they are for the sidings so I can crack on with the main circuits.

Once it was all laid out I made a start on soldering the dropper strips to the bottoms of the rails - after figuring it all out I managed to get about half of the outer circuit done so I am quite pleased with progress. Now the light nights are here I should be able make steady headway before working indoors after tea.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

A milestone was reached this evening. I have now soldered the droppers on all of the sections of track.

Next I need to figure out how to wire the turnouts for DCC - in 4mm it was easy I just inserted a staple like thing that Hornby produced.

I have never wired a turn out before so that should be a learning curve.
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

A concerted effort since returning from Telford has seen all the track laid with the final pieces put in place last night before rain stopped play.