How to dismantle the current Hornby Pullman coaches.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

How to dismantle the current Hornby Pullman coaches.

Post by rob »

As simple as that-I am not so dedicated or demented as to try building a rake of Pullmans but would like to do a bit if work on the present Hornby versions to blend them in with my own stock.I have some on order,how do they come apart?(Apart from,say, dropping them from a height!),
Thanks,
Rob
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

the best thing to do would be to ask for the exploded diagrams of said coaches through the enquiries section on the Hornby website. Put your address where it tells you too and they should have it sent to your door.

I have a couple of Hornby Pullman's, but I've never had a need to disassemble them, so I don't know how to :?
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

Thanks,I will try that.I'm not planning to do too much but I want to make a few changes to make them blend in with my kit-built stock.If the worst comes to the worst I will just have to fiddle around with one Guinea-Pig but hopefully Hornby will reply.
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

Hornby took a while to reply about my Turntable query, but their advice was still very useful :D