Pictures of LNER wooden 20ton hoppers

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

lnerjp
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Pictures of LNER wooden 20ton hoppers

Post by lnerjp »

Good evening.

I'm looking for colour pictures of LNER wooden 20t/21t coal hoppers in BR days, to help with weathering a Slaters 7mm model, can anyone help?

thanks
J.P.
J.P. Venus
2512silverfox

Re: Pictures of LNER wooden 20ton hoppers

Post by 2512silverfox »

Try looking at Paul Bartlett's collection of wagon photos and in particular the wooden & steel minerals.. There are some ex NCB in 'worn' finish and some NE and LNE. Easiest to find via Google.
lnerjp
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by lnerjp »

Thanks silverfox, but that was my starting point, most of the examples on there are in NCB condition and at end of life, I'm looking to see a example not quite so decrepit, for the late 50's.

J.P.
J.P. Venus
D2100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by D2100 »

Try thinking laterally if you can't find one specific type; there are plenty of shots on Flickr featuring weathered 5-plank opens. At the end of the day, a wooden wagon is a wooden wagon; they'd have followed the same general pattern in having a mix of worn planks together with others in subtly varying shades of grey.
Ian Fleming

Now active on Facebook at 'The Clearing House'
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Just a word to anyone wanting these - now available again from Slaters, apparently.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... try3269772
exile
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by exile »

lnerjp wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:32 pm Thanks silverfox, but that was my starting point, most of the examples on there are in NCB condition and at end of life, I'm looking to see a example not quite so decrepit, for the late 50's.

J.P.
By the late 50s these wagons would be 40 years old. They are going to look decrepit - very decrepit.