Streamlined P2 in 4mm?

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Streamlined P2 in 4mm?

Post by Frazmataz »

Does anyone know where I can get a 4mm kit for the P2 in streamlined condition? I would prefer to avoid the Apple Green Engines model due to their ridiculous overpricing.
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

Two Nu-Cast versions are currently being advertised by West Coast Kit Centre,Alan Bunn 01752 786304,"Earl Marischal" and the streamlined version you want.Note the listed price is with motor etc and should be less if you buy the plain kit-I would recommend a DJH GB-I gearbox for this,they can supply them assembled if you wish,with a big round Mashima 1628 or 1630 and flywheel-try Andy Mullins at Branchlines for this though I think DJH can supply the 28.Good luck,a lovely project!
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

thanks for that :D do they have a website?
rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by rob »

No but email Alanwestkit@aol.com should get you in touch-he can do very good little guide to building free with an order,well worth asking about even if you are fairly experienced
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Springside also advertise the Pro-Scale kit, which is etched brass. I'm pretty sure this is the streamlined version.

Their website is http://www.springsidemodels.com
Frazmataz
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by Frazmataz »

I have emailed Springside about this kit at an earlier date, and it is the Non-streamlined version only.
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Streamlined P2

Post by badwolf »

So why are they overpriced ? ( Apple Green )
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

See this exciting viewtopic.php?t=185 thread. In the interests of balance, I'd have to say that a very quick perusal of http://homepage.ntlworld.com/applegreen/RTR.html this evening makes me think that Apple Green are offering an appreciably higher standard of model, and therefore better value for money, than previously.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

streamlined P2

Post by badwolf »

Thats exactly what I meant, I have seen some of these locos on a well known exhibition layout, I enquired as to the builder and was told Apple Green, the owner seemed well pleased with them,