East Anglia Yard Arrivals and Departures Sheets.

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

East Anglia Yard Arrivals and Departures Sheets.

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all.

I have done quite a few sheets of arrivals and departures for some yards in East Anglia. These were posed up on the British railways group.io but I wondered if anyone would be intrested in me posting them here (attachment limit permitting)

They are for the 3 years of Winter 1952-53; Winter 1953-54 and Winter 1956-57.

The list is as follows;
Stratford District: Cheshunt; Broxbourne; Park Yard; Walthamstow Hoe Street; Hertford East; Bishop's Stortford.
Cambridge District: Wisbech East; King's Lynn; Ely; St. Ives; March (Up & Down Yards); Audley End.
Norwich District: Dereham; Wymondham; Thetford;
Brandon

More may be added in the future.

Please let me know which one you would like me to put up (most likely as individual topics)

Thanks,
Stu
Last edited by 03piggs on Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Instagram: woodbourne_modelrailway.
rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: East Anglia Yard Arrivals and Departures Sheets.

Post by rockinjohn »

hi all can you pls state were "park" yard was in the Stratford Area rgds jj
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

rockinjohn wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:23 am hi all can you pls state were "park" yard was in the Stratford Area rgds jj
Hi.
Park Yard was next to Northumberland Park Station. If you look on Google earth, it was located where the Victoria Line depot is. I did the arrivals and departures for it as it's one of the least talked about yards in the GE London area, but was very busy.

Stu
rockinjohn

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi stu thanks for the reply your comment on being "busy" surprises.jj
rockinjohn

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi Stu and all,on reflection now you've told me its postion,seem to remember a fast freight named the "Lea Valley Enterprise" launched in the '60s replete with headbord & Brush Type2 hauled, destination not known but possibly March?,the Lea Valley(correct spelling @ the time )was the the market garden&glasshouse centre of the South of England which may indicate a clue to this perishables?working.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Inaugural run 2nd November 1959. North-east London, March, north of England and Scotland.

Followed on 13th June 1960 by East Essex Enterprise. Chelmsford, Colchester, March, Midlands and Scotland.

From BR(E) Staff Magazine December 1959 - digitised version available from the GER Society: https://www.gersociety.org.uk/index.php ... azine-dvds

LEA VALLEY ENTERPRISE — A New Named Freight Train
A new named freight train was introduced by the Great Eastern line on 2 November to meet the growing needs of light industry in the Lea Valley. Called the Lea Valley Enterprise, it is diesel-hauled and fully braked. It serves Tottenham, Angel Road, Ponders End, Brimsdown, Waltham Cross and Broxbourne.
Leaving the Lea Valley at 5.7 pm, the train gives next-morning arrivals at many towns in the Midlands and the North and arrivals in Edinburgh and Glasgow at mid-day on the day after despatch. At most other large centres in Scotland it gives arrivals either during the afternoon of the day after despatch, or the following morning.
Containers are a prominent feature of the new service. They are available with a capacity varying from 70 to 700 cubic feet and weight capacities
from one to four tons. Traders in the Lea Valley now have door-to-door service with minimum packaging costs - and intermediate handling of the goods forwarded is avoided.
Regular and extensive road collection and delivery arrangements for both sundries and wagon load traffic are designed to fit the pattern of the new services. Many of these vehicles are articulated and standing trailers can be loaded and unloaded either at stations or customers' premises. Special equipment is available where loads of exceptional size and weight have to be handled.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all,

Many of you will know that I have produced tables for arrivals and departures from various Goods and Marshilling Yards on various groups.

Due to the activity on each group, the pdfs that I produced have become a bit lost and not easy to find as some groups don't have a file section.

Because of this, John Shelley has kindly offered to host them on his website. (http://www.stciers.me.uk/home.htm)

I'm presently in the process of refreshing some of my older tables, so these will be added as and when they are done.

John has also compiled loco allocations for each of the Loco depots in East Anglia, and these are also available on this site.

Hope you find this helpful

Stu
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Sorry I haven't posted any new ones of these sheets recently. Life has been very busy, so I haven't had the chance to work on the remaining sheets, but I will get back to it when I can.

One of the reasons why I first started doing this was because I wanted to find an interesting location to base my layout on (operationally that is) and it sort of grew from there.

Id be interested to know what others who have downloaded these sheets have used them for. Whether its for reference, helping them with there layouts or just a interest in freight workings.

Look forward to the replies.

Stu