Temple Mills Help

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: Temple Mills Help/hamilton house

Post by Mickey »

WTTReprinter wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:55 am You're quite right. I was in & out of Hamilton House quite a bit in my early career. Most notably, I took my signalling training there. The school at Ilford was fully booked so they set up an additional course in Hamilton House with an LTS DI (Frank Conlan I think his name was) The room we were in had that view out over Broad Street. When we were done at the end of the day, we would leave via the door you mentioned out onto platform 18.
The Control Office was also somewhere in the building, though I can't remember which floor now.
I believe Frank Conlan was a Ops manager who covered Harringay Park Junction-South Tottenham-Leytonstone High Road & Woodgrange Park s/boxes amongst others back in the 1980s & 1990s although I didn't know him personally but he use to visit South Tottenham s/box occasionally because a signalman mate of mine who was at South Tottenham would occasionally say that he had Frank coming up when I was at Upper Holloway s/box in the late 1980s & early 1990s . Thinking about it I believe I did actually meet him one day when I was visiting South Tottenham back in 1991-92 when he happened to walk into the box when I was chatting to the signalman.

I went to the Ilford signalling school back in 1980 on a 6 weeks signalmen's course.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: Temple Mills Help

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all.

Just a small update.

I have completed all 4 sheets as part of this project. The years will be Winter 1952/3; Winter 1953/4; Winter 1956/7 and Summer 1959. These are being checked for errors before final release, which I hope to be this week.

Thanks for all of the help with this project. The anacdotes and first-person sightings have really helped add detail to the information.

Hope you enjoy when it is released.

Stu
On Instagram: woodbourne_modelrailway.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all.

I've released these sheets, which are in there own separate thread. https://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14209

Sorry for spliting them up, it wouldn't let me upload them as single files but it only allowed me to upload it as separate ones.

If anyone would like a full copy of the sheets, please email me at the address on them, and I'll send you one. Just please say what year you would want.

Also if anyone has used these for research or just for there model railway layouts, if be intrested to know.

Stu
strang steel
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by strang steel »

I don't have much info on Temple Mills on my spotting site - link at the bottom of my replies - but from the occasional reports I have added, I get the impression that a lot of the freight services in the 1950s were in the hands of WDs and K1s from March.
John. My spotting log website is now at https://spottinglogs.co.uk/spotting-rec ... s-70s-80s/
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Thanks Strang Steel.

These sheets have now been combined into one sheet for each year.

https://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14209

Enjoy!

Stu
rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re:East London line J69

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi further to my comment in error on Steam Locomotives on the East London Line all Stratford(30A)allocated J69 tanks for use on the Line were Trip Cock fitted &CONDENSING locos whether used in practice, not known,the "Surface Raiders" also known as "Bread Vans"400XX tanks fitted with Condensing gear, but not operative for what ever reason from Kentish Town(14B)as per my past post on the subject noted.