Newcastle Timetabling

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Newcastle Timetabling

Post by Tom Quayle »

Does anyone have any information on Services (freight an Passenger) around Newcastle Central around the 1960-67 era. Train formations that were common and motive power would be useful. Another thing Iam interested in is the Tyne dock ore trains any information on there troughout the BR era would be a help especially pre 9F days.
Cheers Tom
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Colombo »

Tom,

I was able to get a facsimile copy of North Eastern Region "York Station Train Working" from the NERA earlier this year. It is quite fascinating as it covers 8th June to 24th September 1953 inclusive. I had not quite started train spotting but a few years later you would see me on York Station on a summer's day. A copy of this book would have been very useful.

Perhaps th NERA may be thinking of bringing one out for Newcastle, you could always ask them. Alternatively you may be able to pick up an original somewhere.

Colombo