Sheringham @ 1958

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

desperate modeller
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Sheringham @ 1958

Post by desperate modeller »

grettings All
Any Great Eastern buffs out there?
I'm tryng to research Sheringham from 1958 to 1968 and to be honest I'm struggling.
I've been able to find a gazillion modern images of the preserved line but almost nothing in archived stuff. I'm particularly looking for track plans and drawings of the buildings of the time. I have been able to find that there was no engine shed ( lucky me, 1 less scratch built model needed)
Hoping for replies

Regards
deperate
The Great Eastern lives
PaulG
NER J27 0-6-0

Sheringham Station

Post by PaulG »

Sheringham was an M&GN station albeit the GER did gain running powers to the station. Sheringham Station therefore has not been covered in great detail by the GER Society http://www.gersociety.org.uk/

The best source of information about the station is the M&GN Circle see http://www.mgncircle.org.uk/

The Circle has a very good collection of photographs including a large number of the station.

There are a small number of publications with illustrations of Sheringham Station both in the John Mann series of photo "booklets" and two books on the M&GN Joint. Have you any of these publications? If you would like title/author/ISBN numbers let me know.

Regards
Paul
desperate modeller
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by desperate modeller »

Paul
Can you let me have the info on those books that you mentioned?Please and thanks

Regards

colin
The Great Eastern lives
PaulG
NER J27 0-6-0

Sheringham Station

Post by PaulG »

Colin

Sorry not to have replied sooner but home pc is "un-well", picked you request up on the office pc.

As soon as I'm back on-line at home I'll sort out the details.

Regards
Paul