Request for information - Bawtry

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

grob1234
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Request for information - Bawtry

Post by grob1234 »

Hello fellow LNER fans,

I am embarking on a research project that will hopefully culminate in the building of a OO gauge model of Bawtry station and its associated goods yard etc circa 1935-1939.

I have the book "Return to Bawtry" which provides a nice track diagram, and goods yard layout as well as an accurate plan of the station building.

I feel I have exhausted Google, and have pulled about a dozen or so images off the net, which show primarily the station and signal box, though I do have a few images of the goods shed too.

I would be very interested to learn of any books that you may have that make reference to Bawtry, particularly photographs of the station and surrounding area.

Where might be a good place to get some more plans of buildings etc? I'd also like to find a signalling diagram, and information about how the LNER made up its permanent way, eg cess widths, embankment slopes and so on.

I'll be contacting Bawtry library and council to see what they have, but any tips on where I might get any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Request for information - Bawtry

Post by WTTReprinter »

Morning.

One of the Retford S&T lads, Frank Spowart, maintains a nice website; http://signalboxes.com/bawtry.php
It has a couple of nice shots you may not have seen. If you contact Frank he may be able to point you to some more info.
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
http://wttreprints.uk/
grob1234
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by grob1234 »

Thank you very much for the reply, I had previously seen that website, but had forgotten to contact the gentleman who runs it. Thank you for jogging my memory!
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

It might be an idea to ask Tony Gee - "t-b-g" on RMweb.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.