Barnetby - Gainsborough

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Barnetby - Gainsborough

Post by badwolf »

Has anyone heard that Network Rail are opening Barnetby - Gainsborough central up to traffic again, is this just commonsense or pressure from EWS and other TOCs ?.
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

I haven't heard anything and I work for them bad company comumication proberbly.
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by badwolf »

Its definitely happening because they are advertsing for signalmen in the locoal paper, with specific refernce to the route.
If its anything like when I worked for BR the staff are always the last to be informed.
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

Would the work planned for Wrawby Jn near Barnetby have anything to do with this? The scheme has been underway for the last few years with S+C replacement and renewal being done over the last few Christmas periods
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by badwolf »

Yes quite likely it will be, most of the Lincolnshire area trackwork is life expired , as far as I know there have been no major renewals since WW2.
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by badwolf »

Sorry , I forgot to mention the Habrough/Brocklesby/ Barnetby resignalling and of course the singling from Grimsby to Cleethorpes.