S&D no. 41 'Dart'

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

killian keane
NER Y7 0-4-0T

S&D no. 41 'Dart'

Post by killian keane »

Hello gentlemen, looking for information on the small 0-4-0 built by Hackworth in 1839, named 'Dart' which took part in the S&D 50th anniversary celebration
Info I have procured to date: Cylinders (2 inside) 12"x18", drivers 4' 6" dia, tender wheels 2'6" dia, working pressure 60lb, valve gear gab, withdrawn 1880,
Not quite enough to base a model on, any help (especially illustrations of her before rebuilding) greatly appreciated

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/907603 ... 12B45889A1
MikeTrice
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Re: S&D no. 41 'Dart'

Post by MikeTrice »

Cannot get your link to work. There are a couple of photos and drawings in "The Locomotives of the Stockton and Darlington Railway" by T R Pearce published by the HMRS.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I've fixed the link. Kept it as a URL though.

Anything with "cache" in the name is probably got a limited life, so the link will probably break at some point...

(the TR Pearce book is well worth looking for if you are interested in S&D locos, btw)
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
killian keane
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by killian keane »

Thank you very much, perhaps I should have posted under the locos section :oops: :roll:
I will get hold of that book as soon as I can
while on the topic of the S&D, if information about 0-4-0 'Globe' is to be had, I would be most interested
killian keane
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by killian keane »

(Sorry for double posting)
In reply to Mikes pm, (for some reason I'm not authorised to send private messages :? ) a scan would be great if you could do that it would be a great help,
As a footnote, interesting to compare Dart to Globe, the former built only a year after the latter... shall we say resigned... with a bang! :lol: