KX Throat Remodelling circa 1976 or 1977

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Re: KX Throat Remodelling circa 1976 or 1977

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm It was when those two closed Mickey that the extra Down signals KC172 and 179 were put in.
Yeah those two colour light signals for the Down fast & Down slow lines were mounted on a bracket post just about under or nearly under the tall North London line railway bridge that spans right across Belle Isle at that point also those two colour lights also acted as Holloway South Down (box) Down fast & Down slow lines colour light distant signals as well.

StevieG wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm
While on the Up side, BIU had had slots on the Up Slow KC2 and UF KC14 signals at the entrance to Gasworks Tunnel, but not the parallel Up Relief's KC84.
Yes those two separate multi-aspect colour light signals controlled by Kings Cross that were situated just before the entrance to Gasworks tunnel on both the Up slow (Up Moorgate) line & Up fast line?. Funny I never thought of those colour light signals before and Belle Isle Up (box) being there together at the same time it just never occurred to me before although as previously posted I can't recall seeing Belle Isle Up (box) so therefore I wasn't that familiar about the signalling in Belle Isle circa 1967/68 and by the time that I was a bit more familiar with the signalling in that area from around 1968/69 onwards Belle Isle Up (box) had been abolished and Belle Isle was all worked off the 1933 Kings Cross (box). So Belle Isle Up (box) had a slot on each of those two separate colour light signals for the Up fast & Up slow lines but not on the colour light signal on the Up Relief line at the entrance to Gasworks tunnel. Interesting Stevie.

StevieG wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm
When it went KC took over the UF-UR and US-UF points as 33 and 32 respectively with their new protecting KC1 and 13, and BIU's four former Outer Distant signals; and the 'engine line' and its points to all three Up roads were replaced by the ground frame-operated (Release 34, I think) emergency UF-DF crossover straight across the UR.
Yes I remember that ground frame Stevie it had maybe 3 or 4 levers in it but I can't recall the exact number 40+ years later?.

Mickey