The King's Cross Story: 200 years of history in the Railway Lands

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, richard, Tom F, Atlantic 3279, Colombo, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

CRHT1837
NER Y7 0-4-0T

The King's Cross Story: 200 years of history in the Railway Lands

Post by CRHT1837 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi all
I last posted a topic in January 2016, promising to post others. I have not had the time to do so as I have been mired in research for the book that is the subject of this topic. I have about a month to get it to the publisher or miss the publishing window, which is September 2018. I have spent much of today going back over the LNER Forum discussions that I took a record of. This has proved valuable, partly as it revealed the source of an image that I would like to use. The image was posted under "Personal memories of the GNR and early LNER" by Cock o' the North, and showed the Passenger Loco being carved out of the site of the former Gas Works and basin in 1922 or 1923. This would be one of about 230 images of the Railway Lands, focused primarily on the goods yard and locomotive depot(s).
Can anyone tell me how I can obtain the reproduction rights to the image?
Peter

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: The King's Cross Story: 200 years of history in the Railway Lands

Post by manna » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

G'Day Gents

I can remember 'Cock o' the North' putting up some pictures his father took in the early 20's and fabulous pics they were to, it was suggested that they needed to be printed in a book as they were that good, he then disappeared, and never came back, shame as everybody was hopping for more.
I suppose the only way to get them reproduced for your book would be to contact him personally, a private message, would send him a reminder (E-Mail) to his in-box, other than that, I can't help, a call/message to 'Richard' may help.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes try using the email address on the "Cock o'the North" profile. That's the only way I would have of contacting him. A PM would stay until he read it - and he'd be notified of the PM by an email to the same address.

Looks like he was last on the site in July 2011.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia

CRHT1837
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by CRHT1837 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Thanks, Richard, but I think I need a little more guidance. I have opened his member profile but did not find an email address.
If he is uncontactable, I may try and use the image and deal with the consequences.
Peter