LNER Continental Time Book

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Richard Maund
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER Continental Time Book

Post by Richard Maund »

I'm looking to consult an LNER Continental Time Book. These were issued in parallel with the public timetable and contain information about boat train and connectional arrangements in the UK (e.g. at Grimsby) not contained in the LNER's main timetable itself. The National Archives catalogue lists LNER "public timetables including continental services" - but the few issues I have consulted do not include any Continental Time Book.

Can anyone point me to where I can actually find a Continental Time Book - or put me in touch with anyone who owns one and who might be willing to answer a few brief questions about content.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Continental Time Book

Post by 65447 »

I have a copy of the 15th May to 7th October, 1939, Continental Services book with the July and August supplements - obviously not one issued for September 1939! It runs to 238 pages including advertisements and includes services from Harwich, Grimsby, Hull, Newcastle and Leith.