NYMR Gresley Teak Rolling Stock Location query

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

swhite01
NER J27 0-6-0

NYMR Gresley Teak Rolling Stock Location query

Post by swhite01 »

Morning,

My wife and I are visiting the North York Moors area over next week … hired a camper van!

I realise there are no service trains running at the moment but I wondered if any member of the forum could advise me were the Gresley teak vehicles are located and whether I would be able to photograph them.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Steve

www.gnrsociety.com
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NYMR Gresley Teak Rolling Stock Location query

Post by Hatfield Shed »

If you go to the NYMR website there is a 'contact us' button. Currently fundraising for a carriage shed I believe so a donation might be welcomed...

There is usually carriage stock on sidings adjacent the NYMR's car parking at Pickering, but what's on view is a lottery.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Steve,

Try messaging 'Boris' on RMWeb and see whether he can help with access, or tell you who might. The LNERCA guys on here might also be able to help.
swhite01
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by swhite01 »

Jonathan & "Hatfield shed",

Thank you for your replies, I was after "drive by" location like the car park at Pickering so really appreciate your commenting on my post.

Also thanks to Mr Coffin :-)

Best wishes,

Steve
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

When I was there last week, only Mk1's in the sidings.
There is in the Atkins Shed on the side of the car park, 2 carriages.
ECJS 25 (LNER 1189) 3rd Dinning Saloon and a brake 3rd, the buffet car may be in the carriage shed, but I'm not sure.
Some one will be able to confirm, as I'm at work and don't have details with me.
Trestrol
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Trestrol »

swhite01 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 am Morning,

My wife and I are visiting the North York Moors area over next week … hired a camper van!

I realise there are no service trains running at the moment but I wondered if any member of the forum could advise me were the Gresley teak vehicles are located and whether I would be able to photograph them.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Steve

www.gnrsociety.com
The Atkins shed in Pickering station car park contains BTO 43567 and ECJS RTO 189. There will be usually be LNERCA members working Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday. Feel free to come in and have a look around we don’t bite. Unfortunately I haven’t been down lately so not sure what is where. The Buffet May be undercover in the station. The RF in departmental blue is in the isolated beck siding along with the newly finished LNER CCT.
Paul
LNERCA
Wavey
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Wavey »

Trestrol is correct and as of last weekend, Buffet Car 641 and TTO 56856 were in Pickering Station.
sawdust
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by sawdust »

There was something teak lurking under the train shed last Friday when I was in Pickering. Tuesday through Thursday is the best bet for getting shown round 189 in the Atkins building. (Well worth it).

Sawdust.
swhite01
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by swhite01 »

Thanks again for all the reply’s on my query, really appreciate it,
Steve