Three Counties Signal Box

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Iain Grafton
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Three Counties Signal Box

Post by Iain Grafton »

I was recently bequeathed one of the two nameboards from Three Counties Signal Box. Did the other survive? An earlier thread on this forum (2017) suggests at least one did, but was that a reference to the one I now have, or does someone else have the other one? More importantly, any suggestions about what's best to do with the one I have please? It's complete, in good condition and has the original bill of sale and covering letter from BR (Eastern Region) with it.
Many thanks
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: Three Counties Signal Box

Post by Mickey »

A LNER forum member who comes on here every now and then and goes by the name of R.Pike may well be interested in it?. He appears to be a 'collector' and has a large number of GN/GE & LNER signalling items such as authentic signal box track diagrams along with S&T signalling equipment and he may also have some signal box name boards as well?. R.Pike may live around the St Neots area or if not he may live around the fens/Ely area?.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

Mickey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:28 pm R.Pike may live around the St Neots area or if not he may live around the fens/Ely area?.
It's worse than that, he lives in Letchworth... :lol:
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by Mickey »

I am fairly certain that I have stashed away with other S&T track diagrams & layouts is a complete S&T diagram of the entire track layout of the points & signals including the track circuits of Three Counties from memory about 1959/60 that I have had since the early 1970s.

Ones that I know that I definitely have are complete S&T diagrams of Abotts Ripton, Connington North and Corby Glen (south of Stoke box & tunnel) which I also obtained in the early 1970s.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.