Station Clock number

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

markymark
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Station Clock number

Post by markymark »

Hello, I am looking for some info on a station clock that was given to me by my grandfather shortly after the Beeching report in the 1960s. My grandfather worked for LNER / BR for over 50 years, eventually as a Chief Locking Linesman and purchased 6 Station Clocks at a shilling a piece from Newcastle Central Station, one each for his 6 grand children. I have had the clock for over 40 years, takes 32 winds every week and runs for almost exactly 7 days.
Thank you.
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Station Clock number

Post by PinzaC55 »

If it has the number on the dial or inside, the NRM have the LNER clock number books which give a detailed history of where they were allocated to up till when they were taken out of use. I have clock number 1264, an NER 12" roundhead which was last allocated to Alnmouth South signalbox.
ColHut
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: Station Clock number

Post by ColHut »

32 winds... a Fusee clock then?

Railwayclocks.net may also be able to help? A shop but they do claim to offer advice too.

Regards