Facemasks

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Facemasks

Post by silverfox »

Anyone working for a TOC on here know when the compulsory wearing of facemasks may be lifted

I did ask on another site and joking said that being on a Class 800 was bad enough, but they got all shirty and deleted it.

What is the world coming to?
Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: Facemasks

Post by Mickey »

The Hitachi class 800 series is that a camera?.

A blue class 55 Deltic with a rake of B.R. MkII blue/grey coaches on behind the drawbar now that's more like the old ECML I use to know and love. :wink:
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

Yes alas some are very childish, none more so that BROS on Facebook, spit their dummies out immediately they don't agree with someone!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

It will be when they say.
I'm actually travelling over in about 10 days. I can live with a mask from KingsX to Leeds, but the transatlantic flight is going to get old very quickly...

On the positive side, I'll see the rebuilt KingsX for the first time!

Also taking all the tests will get old. Have yet to take a Covid test but have had to book five for the trip. And I've been vaccinated.
(both the US and UK have vaccine passports for international travel to certain countries- would have been easy to have added covid to them, but politics)
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by silverfox »

Richard

Thanks

It seems there are 'road maps' for most things but the TOC are staying very quiet.

Where are you off to?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Leeds area - checking in on my parents. Various things...

There's a temptation to drop in on the Middleton but at the moment I don't think it will happen (they were laying the foundations for the new shed / exhibition space last time I was there, and both the Sentinel & Y7 were in pieces).
There's also the Autocar up at Embsay but I think that will definitely have to wait.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia