identification

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Ghostmaster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

identification

Post by Ghostmaster »

Hello
I search the model of this carriage used by transportation corps like hospital trains during ww2
Some one can help me

Thank's a lot for your help
Attachments
British-built bunk type wooden cars 11 train.jpg
DOCJACOB
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: identification

Post by DOCJACOB »

I assume have found med-dept.com and in unit history includes 11th hospital train with details of an accident 10/4/45 Merey
Ghostmaster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Ghostmaster »

Yes this is it
But I want to make a scale model of this carriage but I don't know what it is
billbedford
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by billbedford »

It was a LMS period 1 carriage. Many were commandeered during WW2 and rebuilt into carriages for use in hospital trains. There were 10 different diagrams, and unfortunately I don't have any information what they actually looked like.

After the war survivors were rebuilt, again, into full brakes. There are some photos of these in Jenkinson & Essery's LMS Standard Coaching Stock Vols 2&3.
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk
Ghostmaster
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Ghostmaster »

well!! I'm not on the good forum finally, I'm sorry
Thank's a lot for your answer, do you know if a scale model at OO gauge or HO scale( I dream) was made in original shape I transform them if it's necessary.
I make a layout about the USTC after the DDay and I have the USTC material but not this particular carriages and I want to make an Hospital train
Attachments
USTC222.jpg
billbedford
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by billbedford »

Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Ghostmaster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm ...do you know if a scale model at OO gauge or HO scale( I dream) was made in original shape I transform them if it's necessary...
Quite elderly in origin - which may be a benefit as some are likely to be obtainable cheaply - the now extinct 'Mainline' range offered some Period 1 LMS coaches, which might provide feedstock for modification. Scroll down the link below.
http://www.mainlinerailways.org.uk/Coaches.htm
Since 'Mainline' departed the scene, these coaches may have been in production more recently under Bachmann's ownership. How well they may suit your conversion plan I have no idea. There are likely to be kits for these LMS Period 1 coaches which might prove a better option, but my knowledge of LMS coach kits is zero.
roverman
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by roverman »

Might just help a bit: Rivarossi made some LMS period 1 (or 2) coaches in H0 scale during the 1970/80s. They often appear on the bay and don't fetch stupid money. The scale was a bit debateable depending which magazine you got the information from.
Steve.