Yard Arrivals and Departures: Whitemoor

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Yard Arrivals and Departures: Whitemoor

Post by 03piggs »

Hi All,

After a long time and probably about 6 months work, these are the sheets for Whitemoor Yard.

All references and history are on the first page.

This is being posted on British Railways History and Modeling, and UK Rail groups on groups.io as well as this forum.

There should be 2 years. Winter 1953-54 & Winter 1956-57.

Any feedback on improvements or corrections would be apprecated.

Enjoy!

Stu
Attachments
Whitemoor Winter 1953-54.pdf
(499.11 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Whitemoor Winter 1956-57.pdf
(582.63 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
On Instagram: woodbourne_modelrailway.
John Palmer
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Re: Yard Arrivals and Departures: Whitemoor

Post by John Palmer »

I know litle about Whitemoor either as a location, or about its traffic, but I appreciate the work that has gone onto these and found plenty of interest in them. I found a couple of typos on the first page: the retarders should be decsribed as 'hydraulic' (para.2), and in 'Timetable Notes' I think the word 'distinction' was probably intended in the place of 'Destiction.'

Thanks for posting them.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi John.

Thanks for this. I did run a spell check, but obviously these slipped through the cracks! :roll:

I'll update these for the next version

Stu
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I'm sure you've seen the similar information posted on FB over the weekend, Stuart?
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

jwealleans wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:20 am I'm sure you've seen the similar information posted on FB over the weekend, Stuart?
I'm not on Facebook, but someone on the GERS groups.io forwarded it to me.

Thought it was interesting in that the author of that material has made several complaints that my material isn't accurate, and yet if you compare them, appart from a few of the times (which change more or less with each timetable) and some workings by GN based locos (GN diagrams of those dates are hard to get hold of), there pretty much the same...

Stu
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Agreed. I couldn't see many major differences between the two in a quick scan of both. It made me wonder how the initial comment (which was something like 'you've missed half the trains out!') could be justified.

There may be evidence, written or anecdotal, but it needs to be available. Hinting darkly at its existence helps no-one.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

I agree.

I've never seen him mention any of his source material in any detail, just usually what year.

Come to think of it, even in his books there isn't any source info either. (Not that I can recall)

I'm happy to be proved wrong, just would like 'chapter & verse' as t where I'm wrong. (Considering anything he says he wont take anything less)

Anyway, glad I'm got some part of these sheets right! :D

Stu
elydock
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by elydock »

A really interesting piece of work there Stu! Some of my family worked at Whitemoor and I remember it very well.