NER Mileposts

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

NER Mileposts

Post by PinzaC55 »

As part of my simulation of the Malton & Driffield Railway one of the things I am lacking is standard NER mileposts. Does anyone have a dimensioned drawing of these that they could scan for me ?
Thanks in advance.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NER Mileposts

Post by mick b »

PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

Thanks Mick but my simulation is a virtual railway so I actually need the dimensions to either try to construct them myself or commission someone to make them. The whole line is 20 miles so I need 80 in total - glad I am not building it in 00 gauge ! I also need to place 20 LNER Trolley Plug Posts , I took a photo of one near Bowes on the Stainmore Railway but I am not sure it was complete so I also need a photo of one of them in use.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

What you want is available in two NERA publications.:-
North Eastern Record Vol1. on page 52
Book of Standards - on page 120.

Unfortunately my scanner (for strange software reasons) isn't usable at the moment, however the latter is available
....here....
for the moderate cost of £5.75 (plus postage).

You might find it useful for other things as well!
You will need the quarter, half, and three-quarter mile posts as well as the mile posts.

Are you in the UK?

if you get really stuck, I can try to take a photograph of the appropriate pages.
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

drmditch wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 pm What you want is available in two NERA publications.:-
North Eastern Record Vol1. on page 52
Book of Standards - on page 120.

Unfortunately my scanner (for strange software reasons) isn't usable at the moment, however the latter is available
....here....
for the moderate cost of £5.75 (plus postage).

You might find it useful for other things as well!
You will need the quarter, half, and three-quarter mile posts as well as the mile posts.

Are you in the UK?

if you get really stuck, I can try to take a photograph of the appropriate pages.
Thanks, I have ordered the book of standards. I used to own North Eastern Record but I sold it a few years ago when I wanted to reduce my book collection !