Alan Pegler 1963 northern rubber company special

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mike Delamar
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Alan Pegler 1963 northern rubber company special

Post by Mike Delamar »

Hi there,

this is my first post, Im wondering if you may be able to help me?

Im looking for info on the preserved 4472, my dad at a young age of 8 in 1963, is adamant that his father took him to Walton junction north Liverpool, to watch 4472 go past on a special into Liverpool exchange, around 7.00pm in the evening, he says he was then taken about an hour later to Walton on the hill depot, to see the loco being serviced.

but as of yet, we have still not found any evidence of this run, although weve managed to work it out as sometime between April to December 1963,
April I believe to be the first run of 4472 in apple green, and December was when Walton on the hill motive power depot closed.

Im wondering does anyone know if there is any records of flying scotsman's special trains it worked in 1963? I would have thought it to be well documented, but as of yet, cannot find anything

many thanks

Mike
brsince78
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Re: Alan Pegler 1963 northern rubber company special

Post by brsince78 »

Mike

Welcome........

I suggest that you try http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/

This is, in my opinion, the most extensive site on the internet covering railtours and excursion trains on the british railway network

DW
John B
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by John B »

Or you could try "Googling" its amazing what comes up!
John B
Mike Delamar
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Mike Delamar »

brsince78 wrote:Mike

Welcome........

I suggest that you try http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/

This is, in my opinion, the most extensive site on the internet covering railtours and excursion trains on the british railway network

DW
thanks thats a great site, although I cant seem to see anything listed under 1963, I have tried googling many times, although it does bring up quite a lot of results as soon as you type in flying scotsman for example

thanks

Mike
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

I have a book about Flying Scotsman which talks about it. I will find the title and let you know.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway