The Flying Scotsman in BR Steam.

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

karlrestall
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

The Flying Scotsman in BR Steam.

Post by karlrestall »

Does anyone know the formation of The Flying Scotsman under BR's ownership? I guess that the RTS was taken out. The teak stock replaced with either BR MK1 stock or a mixture of pre nationalised stock in BR livery. Also I am guessing that the Ladies retiring room, hairdressing salon and cocktail bar were removed, as these were placed within the train as a publicity stunt by the LNER and now that BR had ownership of all Britain’s mainline there was no need to compete with other regions.

Regards

Karl Restall
Last edited by karlrestall on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYMR Guard
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Actually, the Triplet set was used in BR Days, the same articals in Model Rail Mags March & April there is a photo of a triplet set (E1401-03E) taken at Doncaster Station 30th May 59, but it is darker colour (I wasn't born, and the photo is black and white!)
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk