Sandy and St Neots

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

alangdance
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Sandy and St Neots

Post by alangdance »

I am looking for any info, books, mag, photos and drawing to do with Sandy and St Neots in the 50s and 60s. Can anybody help.
smudger
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Rather late reply

Post by smudger »

Hello,

I know this is rather late, but I thought you might still be reading this forum and if you're not then others might be interested. I'm looking for info on Sandy as well. There's a good pick of the northern approach in the book "Streamlined Steam" which made me interested in the station and wanted to find out more. There's a book in the Middleton Press series called "Hitchin to Peterborough" that covers Sandy. I don't have a copy, but the book on the LNWR route from Oxford to Cambridge by Bill Simpson must cover the LNWR station at Sandy. Also this site has some photos
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stations/s/sandy/

Hope this helps,

Alan
40A
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 40A »

Eastern main line- Hitchin to Peterborough, published by Middleton Press has track plans for both Sandy and St Neots, plus a number of photos of each station and its surroundings Very interesting book in general too.

Gilbert