LNER RTS

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

karlrestall
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

LNER RTS

Post by karlrestall »

Does anyone have any pictures of the interior of the First Class or Third Class RTS? I have recently ordered a book that has a picture of the Third Class car decorated for Christmas in but all the First Class such as the one below contradict all the information that I have about these coaches. :x

http://www.scienceandsociety.co.uk/resu ... imagepos=7

The information that I have that has come from Model Rail April 2006 says that the seating was 2:1 and that the lights were in pelmets so as not to 'spoil' the appearance of the ceiling. Is this picture of one of the RTS or is it a separate coach.

Regards

Kar
NYMR Guard
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I've just looked in Nick Campling's "Historic Carriage Drawings, Vol. 1 LNER and Constituents".

All of the restaurant cars and buffets have drawings (side and plan), and side photos. No interior photos of these particular coaches though.

Pg. 46-9.
The Gresley Triplet Restaurant Car is also shown as 2+1 seating for both the First and Third coaches .

Pg 34-35 show the Gresley 61ft 6in Corridor Restaurant First.
Pg. 18-19 also show the Buffet Car.
Both are drawn with 2+1 seating.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia