station numbers

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

hughw
NER Y7 0-4-0T

station numbers

Post by hughw »

Can anyone help? I have a station clock which is my pride and joy. It has LNER 4244 on the face. I have been told that this number relates to the station in which the clock hung and was used as identification when it was sent to be repaired .Is this true and does anyone know which station this was or is? Hope you can help.Thanks Hugh
md644
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by md644 »

I believe the number does indicate the station in which the clock hung, a friend of mine recently bought the Stamford Bridge one off ebay, and has another one from somewhere on Tyneside IIRC....
He's on holiday at the mo (and I am on hols next week), so if you haven't got any more replies by I get back I'll ask him for info on how to trace yours.
md644
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by md644 »

OK, so no more replies.

I have emailed my friend, he came back to me with this link:

http://www.railwayclocks.freeserve.co.uk/

(I don't think there's aproblemw ith URLS on this forum, but if it does get deleted, do a GOogle search for "Ian P Lyman").

Hope this is of assistance....
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

URL: If they're on topic and relevant, you're cool! :-)

It hasn't been a problem so far, but I would act if URLs are off topic or represent gratuituous advertising (announcing a relevant new product is fine - but re-announcing it every few days would not!).

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia