new builds

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Pyewipe: You're in Australia! You guys have more O4s than the poms do!

(I was about to write "we", but I'm also living abroad)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Kyle1987
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Kyle1987 »

Richard, we Aussies also hade the GWR's Pendennis Castle for many years (have only lost it within the last 20 years - i dont know the exact year).

As for something a little different for a new build, how about a replica of the Raven #13 2-C-2 Express Electric loco? (very classy!)
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yeah the first didn't earn any revenue and barely ran, so it doesn't matter if the new build doesn't either :-)

It lasted so long, it almost made it to the preservation era. The LNER kept it mothballed for 25 years and it was only BR who finally scrapped it. Another ten years and perhaps it would have survived...?

Of the Raven designs, I think the "Z" Atlantic (LNER C7) must be the obvious (and practical) candidate.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Kyle1987
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Kyle1987 »

If we're going with a Raven theme, why not get an A2? It would look fantasic running next to Flying Scotsman, giving a good comparison of early pacific designs, as well as complimenting the C7...
andersley
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by andersley »

I would go for a C12, or a J6 (ok, both are ex-GNR). :roll: