What new builds are still going on

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER N2 0-6-2T

What new builds are still going on

Post by 60114 »

Hi all, just curious on if anyone knows the status of other new builds going on, as i have a steam railway mag from 2003, that listed all the new builds that are going on.

now i know about the GWR County and Grange new builds and the LNER A1, F5 and G5 and the Southern H2 and the BR Clan

are there any others still going on such as the LNER P2?

Cheers from Mike
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

No P2.
Many of us would like to see one, but it is definitely a hard sell in the practicality department!
There was a rumour that the Peppercorn A1 people might attempt a P2 next, but it was just that - a rumour. I have never seen anything from them confirming the possibility.

There was talk of a Robinson 'Jersey Lilly' but the last I saw it was still at the "sounding out the level of interest" stage.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Rlangham »

There's a GWR 'Saint' 2999 at Didcot being built, as well as an autocar carriage with a steam engine in it (can't remember what they are called). There's also some people at the Bluebell converting a Standard 2 2-6-0 into a 2-6-2T (82045 I think), and possibly one for a Standard 3 2-6-2T