Kings Cross Approaches

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

My A1/A3 (green) and K3,K4 volumes have unreadable spines due to the choice of colour for the text. Come to think of it, the green makes sense for the A1,A3 book, but they could have chosen a better text colour!

Looking through, they're Irwell Press 1990-5-ish.

I only have four volumes. I was concentrating on the RCTS "Locomotives of the LNER" (now complete except for the Addenda) and have only started to obtain the Yeadon's volumes in the past few months.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

richard,

I have found the RCTS to be very difficult to obtain, they pop up on E bay on occasion. Do you have a source for them? I'm guessing you had to import them.

Simon
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yes EBay can be a good source, although it hasn't had any for a few weeks.
Abebooks (abebooks.com) can be good. Some of the first volumes I bought as-new from places like Mainly Trains (yes an N modeller placed an order with Mainly Trains - the order was mainly paint)

Yes most end up coming from the UK, although I did find two volumes at a secondhand bookseller in New England once via AbeBooks.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

The NRM now has Booklaw versions of 42A in.
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

With 42a and b, we have most of the 4-4-0's covered i wonder when we will get the tank engines.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway