Thompson L1 2-6-4T

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

andersley
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by andersley »

I am building a OO kit of one of this class for a friend. There appears to be very few photographs online for these and I really need to see what details are on the rear. The kit includes a ladder, but no indication where it goes. I guess there are also steps, handrails, etc.

If anyone can show me a picture of the rear of the bunker, I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess this should have been in the LNER Locomotives section. :oops: Can it be moved?

Alan
badwolf
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Thompson L1

Post by badwolf »

The ladder is on the left side of the bunker looking from rear, the first loco 9000 ( 67761 ) was different to the others, Darlington built 67702 -67730, North British built 67731-67765, Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn built the remainder.
If modelling, a photo of the actual loco is recommended as there are loads of different details between the locos .