LNER Streamlined Trains

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

sir visto
LNER N2 0-6-2T

LNER Streamlined Trains

Post by sir visto »

I don't know whether this has been aired before, if so, my apologies. Anyway, I picked up a copy of a VHS tape called "Bygone Peterborough" and to my great surprise there a couple of short films of the LNER Coronation train - in colour!!
I have a great interest in all the streamlined trains of the 30's, but particularly the LNER trains. I had wondered whether if any of the photographers working in the 30's had filmed them especially as they were so famous at the time. I had never been able to track them down - even if they existed. If fact also this week I found a short YouTube film on the Silver Jubilee as well. All in all a good week.

Don
Cadiz
Better steam than CO
40A
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 40A »

Hello Don,

Can you give me more details of this tape please? I am modelling Peterborough, or at least a heavily modified version, ans am after all the information I can get.

Gilbert
smudger
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by smudger »

The You Tube clip is fantastic - will have to model it now.

The address of the clip is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2jEM0_gkKg

it's on the first page if you search for it now, but it might go down the rankings so if any one is looking at this forum in a few months the above link should get you there!

Alan
sir visto
LNER N2 0-6-2T

LNER streamlined trains

Post by sir visto »

Sorry about the delay in replying, Gilbert. I haven't been on this thread for some time. The Peterborough tape is in VHS format. It's by Bygone Films at 5 Low Road, Conisbrough, Doncaster DN12 3AB - Tel: 01709 869777. The web site is www.bygonefilms.org.uk. Enjoy.

Don
Cadiz
Better steam than CO