Driver Colin Reeves (KX)

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

S&T
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Driver Colin Reeves (KX)

Post by S&T »

Any information appreciated. KX area driver in the 80s on 313, 47 and late 91 I think.
Thanks
S&T
/\\\ /\\/
Dave Cockle
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Driver Colin Reeves (KX)

Post by Dave Cockle »

The last I heard of Kings Cross driver Colin was when he transferred to Eurostar. That was some time back in wagn days.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

I have same recollections as Dave Cockle, S&T, though last time I met him, by chance on KX plat. 9 - I'd estimate very roughly as at least 10 years ago, when he was just heading for a Down outer-suburban by which to head home (accompanied as seemingly always, by his trusty bicycle, he mentioned that he was driver-instructing for Eurostar.
I first met him a few times, in the very early 1970s, when he was one of the telegraph lads at WGC box (pre-panel days) : Before your time there I think Micky(?)
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote:I have same recollections as Dave Cockle, S&T, though last time I met him, by chance on KX plat. 9 - I'd estimate very roughly as at least 10 years ago, when he was just heading for a Down outer-suburban by which to head home (accompanied as seemingly always, by his trusty bicycle, he mentioned that he was driver-instructing for Eurostar.
I first met him a few times, in the very early 1970s, when he was one of the telegraph lads at WGC box (pre-panel days) : Before your time there I think Micky(?)
Yes i remember him and yes your correct Stevie he was a telegraph lad at Welwyn Garden City box from about 1968 or 69 through to about 1971 before transferring onto the loco at Kings Cross, he use to live somewhere around Brookmans Park area back then.

Mickey