Where's our member 'hq1 hitchin'?

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Where's our member 'hq1 hitchin'?

Post by giner »

Wasn't sure where to put this question, but we haven't seen hq1hitchin on the forum lately. Just wondering if he's alright.
Mickey

Re: Where's our member 'hq1 hitchin'?

Post by Mickey »

Apparently he's still around giner i was informed by a railway bloke who knows of him on the WCML at Wembley (hq1 hitchin's old stomping ground) that he had posted something on facebook yesterday 10/07/15.

Mickey
hq1hitchin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by hq1hitchin »

Hello all

Sorry if I've caused any concern, I'm fine and thank you for your interest. I've been busy this summer like most since I retired. Actually made it back to Hitchin a few weeks ago, too.

An hour or more sat on the platform waiting for someone gave me the opportunity to watch modern GN working. All very fast, very frequent but bland and characterless. Delighted, though, with how little the town itself has changed and was shown four cottages, hidden away at right angles to Nightingale Road, known as 'Leicester Cottages'. Never knew they were there before and a tangible link to the days when the Midland came to town
A topper is proper if the train's a non-stopper!
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Nice to know your in the land of the living, I do wonder sometimes where some of our members went :wink:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.