Ronald Lilley - Ilford Car Sheds / Straford

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Robbie15
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Ronald Lilley - Ilford Car Sheds / Straford

Post by Robbie15 »

Hi,

I'm trying to find anyone who may know my grandfather, Ronald Lilley, who worked at Ilford Car Sheds, Parkston and also at Stratford (Temple Mills). He would have been living at Chandos Road in Stratford at the time he was on the steam trains.

Regards
Rob Lilley
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Ronald Lilley - Ilford Car Sheds / Straford

Post by 65447 »

Rob,

Giving the approximate dates would be helpful, as anyone not at those places at those times will not need to stretch their memory.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

There is a Indian signalman i know of who is still working on the railway and who started back in 1968 on the GE section (Liverpool Street area) and i know he did work at Ilford Car Sheds box possibly during the 1970s although he may not know your grandfather personally he may just vaguely remember his name or had heard his name being mentioned in conversation from 40+ years ago?.

This signalman is working tomorrow (27/09/15) so i'll have a word with him tomorrow evening before he finishes work (and i start) and mention your granfathers name and post wot he tells me watch this space.

Mickey
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

FINSBURY PARK 5 wrote:There is a Indian signalman i know of who is still working on the railway and who started back in 1968 on the GE section (Liverpool Street area) and i know he did work at Ilford Car Sheds box possibly during the 1970s although he may not know your grandfather personally he may just vaguely remember his name or had heard his name being mentioned in conversation from 40+ years ago?.

Mickey
I spoke to the above Indian signalman this evening (27/09/15) and he said he vaguely remembers a bloke called Ron from the early 1970s at Ilford Car Sheds but he didn't recognise the surname, sorry it wasn't more.