Paging Saint Johnstoun

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

caliwag
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Paging Saint Johnstoun

Post by caliwag »

Apologies if this is he wrong thread. One of your regular contributors from Perth (63A), Saint Johnstoun, has not contributed for some time, I wonder about his well being!
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Paging Saint Johnstoun

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

I'm still around and in A1 condition thanks! Been diverted onto other activities for a change (they say a change is as good as a rest) like LNER Clyde Steamers and Humber Ferries, and as far as modelling is concerned a diversion onto tractor models and finishing off two Clyde Puffer models I started years ago have been a distraction but I have a stack of railway projects lined up for the dark nights!
Lincoln Castle.jpg
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

caliwag wrote:Apologies if this is he wrong thread. One of your regular contributors from Perth (63A), Saint Johnstoun, has not contributed for some time, I wonder about his well being!
Surely it is the wrong method? Is it appropriate for the absence (of recent posting) of a forum member to be publicly commented on when a PM would elicit the information? It just might be that the individual concerned has nothing to say. Should we now go through the list of members and publicly question every one who has not posted or shown any other activity within the last x days?
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

I also happen to be a moderator on this Forum and in this case I have no problem in the member enquiring publicly of my current status - it also happens that it will let other members know that despite my recent inactivity I am still around!

I might add that say a member had died and not posted for some time without the knowledge of the forum. Unless somebody had asked publicly we may never know - it is likely somebody else with LNER interests may know them and be able to advise of their status.