Ron Kennedy RIP.

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Ron Kennedy RIP.

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Just seen on Facebook, that Ron Kennedy has died. If I remember correctly, he was our Union rep a KX, for a good few years, according to the Facebook post, he went onto become a council member in Southend-on-Sea, He was 85.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Mickey

Re: Ron Kennedy RIP.

Post by Mickey »

I believe Ron was at 'the cross' around 1974-75 when I was there as a secondman because his name rings a bell so I would have seen him around the signing on area and in the train crews mess room up stairs on No.10 platform (re-numbered No.8 platform in June 1972).
ROY@34F
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by ROY@34F »

I fondly remember working with Ron during my 2 years on loan to Top Shed between Dec. '58 to Dec. '60. I fired for Ron on many occasions, and enjoyed every minute. Such a jovial chap, and was the life and soul of any party I remember it being said of him. He would certainly liven up the mess room at Top Shed with some hilarious jokes with his infectious laugh, I can well remember.
A really lovely guy , God bless your soul Ron.

Regards, Roy
terrym15
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by terrym15 »

Ron Kennedy.jpg
Hi All.
Just found this Forum, Great.
I was secondman to Ron at KX in No3 link in the early 60s , he was the union rep then and was always going to meetings, a very pleasant man who always had an answer to any question you had,didnt live far from me in Essex, it was great to see him on TV when he done the last trip on the Flying Scotsman a year or so ago. First Class for the best.
Will be missed by many. R.I.P.