Looking for information on Henry Tennant (NER)

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Looking for information on Henry Tennant (NER)

Post by richard »

Whilst searching for a new locomotive superintendent in 1885, the NER created a couple of locomotives by committee. The locomotives that survived into LNER ownership were given the classifications of E5 (2-4-0) and J74 (0-6-0T).

The committee was headed by the NER's General Manager, Henry Tennant, so I think this qualifies him to having a page in my Engineers section. However my sources are not producing much information.

I'm looking for the type of bio information I have on my other pages, and a picture would be great although that might be hard to find.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I've added a page for Henry Tennant although it is clearly a bit thin!

http://www.lner.info/eng/tennant.shtml

I've also added one for Alexander McDonnell, which is similarly a bit on the thin side:

http://www.lner.info/eng/mcdonnell.shtml

The days of McDonnell and Tennant sound to have been an 'interesting' time for the NER

Still on the look out for information about these two...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Tennant & McDonnel

Post by 52D »

I have North Eastern Steam by W A Tuplin this gives good profiles of all North Eastern CME'S can send you relevant sections but how am I fixed vis a vis copyright.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Thanks. In the past two years I've managed to find some information (the McDonnell page had a further update a week or two ago). If there's further info in the book about any of the NER CMEs, I'd be interested...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia