Hardcastle-Hudson

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

tgkiwi
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Hardcastle-Hudson

Post by tgkiwi »

Can anyone provide me with some information about a Mr Hardcastle-Hudson who was apparently an engineer with the LNER in the early 1900s. I understand he lived in the Leeds area and was also involved with the construction of the first Russian railway as well. He is a relation and I am trying to find some information for my frail 93 year old grandmother. Thank you very much!!!
stembok
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Re: Hardcastle-Hudson

Post by stembok »

tgkiwi: As you mention the early1900s it is more likely that he may have worked for the North Eastern Railway Company, as the LNER did not come into being until 1923. The NER was indeed very much represented in the Leeds area. Have you tried Darlington North Road Railway Centre which does hold some lists ,I believe,of NER employees? In addition, if he was an engineer, might one of the professional associations, such as the Institute of Mechanical Engineers perhaps be able to help? Good luck.
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

http://www.ner.org.uk/

Try this link for the NERA it may help.
tgkiwi
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by tgkiwi »

Thanks a lot for your advice! Much appreciated!!! :D