Cuddie Headrigg

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Jingling Geordie
NER J27 0-6-0

Cuddie Headrigg

Post by Jingling Geordie »

I'm delighted to find myself back on the same branch as a brother D30.

So watto (as we've not been formally introduced.)-62426

Jingling Geordie
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Cuddie Headrigg

I quote Hamilton Ellis, from his book "The North British Railway",who on Page 201 1st para below a listing says,

"There is no doubt that these large versions of the traditional North British Holmes Locomotive, with superheaters and plenty of steam at all times, formed one of the best investments the North Briish Company ever made in locomotives. Though considerably smaller than the Atlantics, they seemed fleeter enigines"

He goes on to say "The Scott's were used on many of the best express turns"

Did we ever run on the Waverley line?

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Yep Waverley, Tweed Valley, Berwickshire Railway and all points around. I have a pic of Wandering Willie Kelso 5/9/54 on the Tweed Valley line. Dugald Dalgetty 7/7/51 seen on the English side of the border on the Wanny. They penetrated as far as Newcastle on workings off the NBRs Northumberland lines.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Jingling Geordie
NER J27 0-6-0

Watto 52 D-Thanks for your posting which has brought up in me a full head of steam. And I shall toot the following

Cuddie you surely agree that
Scotties are better than 'lantics
Toot Toot.