Allan Dollimore ex telegraph lad at Welwyn s/box 1962/63.

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Allan Dollimore ex telegraph lad at Welwyn s/box 1962/63.

Post by Mickey »

I was wondering if anyone remembers or knows of a fella who goes by the name of Alan Dollimore who use to live in a bungalow along the Codecote road near old Welwyn in Hertfordshire, England during the 1960s and into the '70s. Allan was at onetime a telegraph-lad at WELWYN GARDEN CITY s/box back around 1962/63 although sometime after 1963 he left the signalling grade and by 1968 he was working in the main booking office & reservations on the old no.10 platform at KINGS CROSS later moving to the new TRAVEL CENTRE on the new concourse in 1973.

We met each other in the summer of 1968 at Welwyn north station and knocked around with each other for a few years until we lost contact with each other in the early '70s. By chance we met up again around 1980 when he was doing the booking in WESTERN JUNCTION s/box (Dalston) on the North London line but again we lost contact with each other by the end of 1980 and i've never heard of him since that time?

I think his mother was from the Derbyshire area and he had an older brother who worked at Hawker Sydney's/De Havilland's aircrafts in Hatfield during the 1960s, also i believe that his elderly father may have been in the removals business?. Alan was very much into railways especially from an historical point and very much an LNER man it would be interesting to findout whatever happened to him?. If Allan is still alive he would be in his mid 60s by now i would guess?. Micky