LNER timetable 1959

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

bowler
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER timetable 1959

Post by bowler »

LNER timetable 1959. Is it possible, please, to ascertain the time and, perhaps unlikely, the engine name, that would have left Kings
Cross mid-morning on 7th May 1959 and stopped at Darlington in the late afternoon? It probably called at the "usual" places - Peterborough, Donny and York. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks
barry
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Re: LNER timetable 1959

Post by barry »

I worked on the restaurant cars at this time and I was rostered on 11.00 Kx Glasgow Queen Street. We called at Peterboro, York, Darlington, Newcastle, Bewick, Edinburgh, Edinburgh Haymarket, Linlithgow, Polmont, Falkirk High and Glasgow. Loco changes at Peterboro, York, Newcastle, Edinburgh. The front two coaches were for Aberdeen and detached at Edinburgh and the remaining 9/10 went to Glagow returning at 09.30 the next morning. Pacifics were used between KX and Edinburgh with sometimes a V2 but I can remember that BR standard 5 73108 was a regular beween the scottish cities which I think was a 65A Eastfield loco.
This may have been the train and arrived at Darlington at about 14.15/30