Desperate message for enterprise!!

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

alang
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Desperate message for enterprise!!

Post by alang »

Hi enterprise. I am new to the forum but was very, very interested in your post of 14th November last year when you stated you were at Neasden loco depot in the '50's. I am trying to trace some work history relating to my late father, George Goodchild who was based at Neasden at the same time as you. He died, in service, in 1958 but had been at Neasden, as a driver, for some time. Do you recall him? If so it would be great to hear from you. I was only quite young when my father died and therefore didn't get the chance to talk to him about his work and the information from other members of my family is quite limited.
Any information would be very gratefully received.

Thank you
alang
enterprise
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Re: Desperate message for enterprise!!

Post by enterprise »

Hi Alang,
Sorry I hav'nt answered before but I am new to this. Yes I do remember your father, George Goodchild. Although it was over 50 years ago. I think we had a week together on the Brackley local. It was a fast local train, first stop Gerrards Cross.George was the trype of driver we young firemen liked to fire to because he was very easy to work with and if things went wrong he never lost his cool. If I can be of help please contact.
Enterprise

Last bumped by enterprise on Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm.