ANYONE REMEMBER WIGGY

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

wiggy
NER Y7 0-4-0T

ANYONE REMEMBER WIGGY

Post by wiggy »

AS per the title ,anyone remember my Father ...............Ex Holbeck,Neville Hill and many moons ago Copley Hill, i believe he was amongst the first to be 125 trained.............and one of the first to "bump" one , ran it into the buffers at Kings Cross by all accounts............OOPS!.........Please Explain duly completed!

His name was Harold Wiggins.
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: ANYONE REMEMBER WIGGY

Post by Autocar Publicity »

I'm afraid the only 'Wiggy' I remember was a character played by Jasper Carott... although if there had been an episode on the railways, leaving the handbrake off and it rolling into the buffers would have been about right...
wiggy
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Re: ANYONE REMEMBER WIGGY

Post by wiggy »

Very funny, apparently a symptom of how the brakes functioned.............temporarily released to stop "flats" on tyres, a bit like ABS on modern motors, oh and he was totally acquitted of any "guilt"................nowadays you'd be a scapegoat for an engineering blip i suppose!!