St James Street Station, Walthamstow - Archives

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

JohnCrippen
NER Y7 0-4-0T

St James Street Station, Walthamstow - Archives

Post by JohnCrippen »

I have recently found out that my Grandfather, Edward Bell, committed suicide at St James' Street Station, Walthamstow, London E17 in 1926, having obtained his death certificate to confirm this information. I am aware that there is a slight chance that Coroner's reports may exist and am following that up elsewhere. Having found this forum I thought it worth enquiring to see whether archives may exist which give any details. Any information would be welcomed.

Many thanks
John Crippen
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: St James Street Station, Walthamstow - Archives

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up, John!

Try the local newspapers first. If there was a coroner's inquest, then this would be their meat and drink. It'll have all the gory details.

You could try the local coroner's office as well but they do not have to keep all inquest records.

If you still live in the Capital, the National Newspaper Archive is on Colindale Road, very close to Colindale tube station. You could also try The National Archives in Kew. They have a computerised catalogue that is accessible via the Net.

Happy searching.

Nigel
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: St James Street Station, Walthamstow - Archives

Post by 52D »

I second BB above , the National Newspaper Library at Colindale is a mine of information i am a member and hold a readers card. One word of caution is discipline yourself to the task in hand because its very easy to get distracted with other stories.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.