Blackcloud, new member.

This forum is for the discussion of LNER personalities, and for use by people researching their ancestors.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Blackcloud
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Blackcloud, new member.

Post by Blackcloud »

Good afternoon.

I have just been pointed in the direction of this forum by a friend in America, rather an indirect route but I was brought up within site of Dinting Arches and the Great Central wasn't the shortest route to London so I suppose my roundabout introduction is fitting.

I cannot claim to be an expert on things LNER but I do believe it to be the best of the big four. My Great-Grandfather worked as a platelayer for the NER in the Gateshead area and later for the LNER at Hull, so I do have some connection with the company!

The reason my friend in the US mentioned this forum was the Gresley Beat article featuring the layout at York last weekend. I have to say that is an impressive set of photos. Big layouts are not to my own personal taste but, like the MRC's Copenhagen Fields, Gresley Beat does sum up the character of the main line out of the Smoke very well.