FREE: (cost of shipping) Vintage LNER 1-40

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

FREE: (cost of shipping) Vintage LNER 1-40

Post by richard »

Started a sort out.
To start out, I have "Vintage LNER" issues 1-40. Look to be complete. Good condition/mint (generally, "read once"). My understanding is that the first few issues are relatively rare.

Free to a good home - just pay the cost of shipping. Alas I'm in the US, so this is probably only practical for the US (?)
Weight without packaging is about 7.5 lb (surprised me too - these are only A5 format)

Location: Wichita Falls, Texas and I visit Oklahoma City and Dallas/Fort Worth fairly regularly, if the unlikely chance of pickup is a possibility...

I can hang on to these for a few months - a potentially imminent house move won't happen until next summer at the earliest, BUT these will be recycled if there are no takers. (in the past, I've found it difficult to give away old magazines - even US ones from the 1940s, here in the US...)

To be listed in the coming months but I will also have Gresley Observers from ~2005 to date; and some 2-rail /7mm O items (unmade kits: mostly Slaters wagons, a Gladiator Q6, and a circle of MTH 3ft radius track)
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: FREE: (cost of shipping) Vintage LNER 1-40

Post by 65447 »

FYI - Lowest cost quote from US to UK using parcelmonkey special deal is 50USD.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yeah - exactly! Not cheap!

There used to be "printed packet" (or maybe only in the other direction - might be domestic only here in the US). This would have been significantly cheaper but I might have had to split them into 2-3 packages.

Still have to get to the Gresley Observers.
Might also have some Wild Swan books spare - definitely keeping some of those, and definitely not pulping any non-sellers!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

And the Gresley Observers...

I haven't weighed them, but we're looking at No. 137 (Summer 2005) to date (186, Spring 2022).
Almost complete - I have the distinct memory of loaning one and never getting it back.
Also there have been some A4 photograph special editions/supplements. I can find P2s, V2s, and 'The Silver Jubilee'. It is possible there were others that I've mislaid.

Most are A5 but the last dozen are a bit bigger (but not A4).

For both these and the Vintage LNERs I could split as well.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

... and the books:

These are "make me an offer". They will NOT be pulped. If they don't sell, I'll take them to a regional used book shop (they have an eclectic stock which is good for serendipity but they also pay reasonable prices for unusual books with a decent market price)

Anyway...

Wild Swan titles:

David Jenkinson, Carriage Modelling Made Easy
Iain Rice, Light Railway Layout Designs
Gordon Gravett, 7mm Modelling (Parts 1 &2)
Geoff Holt, Locomotive Modelling from Scratch & Etched Kits (Parts 1 &2)

Bookfinder is giving prices of $40-50+ for most of these. The Light Railway book was $70+ despite being the thinnest. All are in good condition although a few have slightly yellowed covers (esp. Gravett v1 and the Carriage book).

Additionally, I have:

"The Great Central From the Footplate", Robert Robotham & Frank Stratford (large fmt hardback)
"The Model Railway Design Manual", CJ Freezer
"Railway Liveries: London & North Eastern Railway", Brian Haresnape (small fmt softback but previous owner put it in a clear plastic folder to protect the cover)
"Green Arrow and the LNER V2 Class", Rutherford & Michael Blakemore (large fmt, softback, 40 pages)

I suspect shipping from the US won't be worth it for these latter books.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

...and 7mm kits (books, magazines, etc)

Post by richard »

Looks like I will be in the UK for the week before the Bank Holiday, so I could bring some of the above books over if there is interest.

Also finally looked at the kits I have. All 7mm, unopened/started unless otherwise stated:

Scale Signal Supply NER1 Signal Kit
Slaters 7057CH Chance & Hunt
Slaters 7042 NER 20 ton hopper
Slaters 7031 MR long cattle wagon
Gladiator Chaldron P1
Gladiator Chaldron GLW13 (x2)
Furness NER 6 ton 1891 Gunpowder Van.

Have 3 sets of wheels: Slaters 7120 Split Spoke. These should be for the chaldrons.
And 1 set Slaters 7120LOC Split Spoke - probably for the GPV?
(the Slaters kits all have their own wheels)

And finally I do have a Gladiator "virtually unstarted" Q6 with Slaters Wheels and ABC motor/gearbox, but considering my luggage was overweight the first time I brought it over, I'd be wary of taking it back...

Any offers?
It terms of postage, I could post from UK. I'll be mostly in the NE Leeds area and staying in Wetherby.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia