OO Collection to sell

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

OO Collection to sell

Post by Autocar Publicity »

I have a number of kit-built and RTR locos to sell. This is on behalf of a friend who does not have access to the Web. He has decided it is time to thin this out and asked me to help. To give you an idea, the photo below is about half the loco collection - and you may care to sit down before scrolling down...
Overall MPD.jpg
Some of you have bought items from this collection already (thankyou) and have the loco list already, but I thought it was time for an update of the current state of the list. Given the quantities involved, I've not itemised each loco as a separate thread, as that would deluge the Classified section...
Loco details table.docx
(35.4 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
We also have large quantities of carriages & wagons, also both RTR and kit-built. I've asked for a list to be made & will post asap when I receive it but the stock, as with the engines, covers all the UK, not just LNER. Anyone with specific requests/interests, please PM me & ask me to let them know if (when?) particular items arrive, we can then start negotiations.

All items are OO (not EM/S4 etc.)
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: OO Collection to sell

[Items now sold].
Last edited by Autocar Publicity on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

And a few locos. Some general information:

I have tested all of these locos on my test track, which is constructed from Peco Code 100 track with a minimum outer radius of 24 inches. There are two small radius points (24”), with an inner loop with a minimum radius of 18 inches – this was not used during this testing. I have no underlay, so locos sound relatively noisy. Yes, I know most kit-built locos are designed for 36”+ curves, but I do not have the space in my workshop for such a test-track and it was built to test/run-in/exercise RTR locos.

I consider the motor noise – small, medium or loud and whether it sounds smooth or coarse. I see how well the locos run, at slow, middling and fast speeds and whether I can stall it on the point frogs. I look to see if the loco wobbles or oscillates on curves and the straight track. I note anything else I've spotted. Then I have a look at the cosmetics, and refer to my list to see whose kit it was and what motor my friend used. This all gets typed up and cut & pasted into the web-site.

I photograph the engine from various angles and try and show any particular faults I've spotted.

I have been round the locos with a light brush and cleaned off the worst of any dust and fluff, however, please note that some of these locos do need some attention before they are fully fit to run on a layout. Sometimes this is purely cosmetic, most of the kit-built locos have small imperfections or blemishes on the finish; other locos would benefit from a service. I cannot do this myself as I lack both the right equipment and the time to do this properly. All those I have seen so far are well-built but have been stabled on a layout in an attic room for some time. Some date from about 40 years ago, so please do not expect the same standards with these as today’s RTR locos! Most of the kit-built locos are metal kits and are (relatively) heavy. Those in black were painted with a very tough paint, one [satisfied] purchaser had to use caustic soda before he could repaint his locos.

P&P is at cost and in addition to quoted prices. Generally I'll use recorded delivery, this (usually) works out around £4 - 5 for single locos and £4 - 10 for multiple purchases. Overseas purchases welcome but it's likely there'd be increased postage costs.

If you have any questions, please ask and we will do our best to answer them. I've only posted one photo per loco, if you PM me with an e-mail address, I'll send the others.

Payment – PayPal, cash (if collecting), postal order or (if you are OK to wait a week while it clears) a personal cheque.

[Items previously listed now sold].

Post updated (thrice) after sales, our thanks to the purchasers.
Last edited by Autocar Publicity on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

And now time to look at some of the stock. Two PDF lists of the carriages and Hornby Dublo items. (The Wrenn carriages are currently under offer but second-chance offers welcome, should the person with first refusal decline them).
Carriages revised.pdf
(110.3 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
More locos after I've time to clean them up, test and photograph.

Edited 14-7-18 to update after some sales.
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

An update - virtually all of the Hornby Dublo has been sold, with sales arranged for the two outstanding items.

Some of the carriages have sold, most of the rest are now on E-Bay. There's half a dozen 57' LMS coaches in BR livery left/unlisted.

Freight has not yet been mentioned - a sale was agreed privately with a member who will take all of it - saves lots of time!

Around 35-40 locos left, RTR and kit-built, any requests, do PM me asap.

Edit - some locos tested and photographed, details here:
Last batch Locos.doc
(40 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
(more to follow when I get chance/time).
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

And to update you - this collection has now all gone. Thankyou to everyone who purchased items.