graeme king a4 type front for a hornby p2

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

COLNAGO
NER Y7 0-4-0T

graeme king a4 type front for a hornby p2

Post by COLNAGO »

Good evening everyone

Can anyone help me in finding how i can purchase a Graeme King A4 type smoke box for a Hornby P2.

I am new to this forum but have been looking in for a long time, many years .

In my pre married days i use to live on the up side of the line from Gospel Oak to Hampstead Heath, seeing the cross - London freights with Hornsey 0-6-0 tanks and wd's often getting a push up the hill by the following Broad Street - Richmond electric, good old days..
All the best

Mick Wildey.

mywildey@btinternet.com
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: graeme king a4 type front for a hornby p2

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Hi Mick,

My attention has just been drawn to your message. Those smokeboxes were meant to be available almost 2 years ago but I got sidetracked in rather a big way! I'm back on the job now and I'm just working on the mould for the Earl Marischal front at present, with the A4/Bugatti type of P2 nose to follow. I hope to have something to offer within a few weeks, although demands on my time from my real job are heavy and variable at present. Fingers crossed anyway......

Graeme King
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Mike Carr
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Mike Carr »

Hi, not sure if i have done this correctly. I need to contact Graeme King, re his resin conversion to convert the peppercorn A2 into the thompson A2/3
Thanks
Mike
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I’m sure this will have been brought to his attention by now, or will be shortly. We will both be at Warley this weekend so I shall check for you.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Mike Carr wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm Hi, not sure if i have done this correctly. I need to contact Graeme King, re his resin conversion to convert the peppercorn A2 into the thompson A2/3
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,

If you post a few more entries on the LNER forum you'll acquire the ability to send and receive private messages too, then we can communicate properly. It's highly inadvisable to post e-mail address in this widely accessible part of the forum unless you want to be inundated with spam, so I wouldn't suggest that short cut to easier communication. I'm afraid it's no use me giving you my phone number as I don't have enough hours in the day to keep answering calls, so I largely don't bother! 90% of callers are time wasters from spiv-run call centres anyway....

Thanks for your interest.

Graeme

PS: I'm also "gr.king" on that other railway modelling forum if you find it easier to use the PM system on there.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Trainspotter395
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Trainspotter395 »

Does anyone have any information about whether graeme king still does the resin parts for the a2/2 kitbuild, and if so, what price and is there a website I can buy them or contact him for them.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Everything in the post above from the man himself still applies, I believe.
Evan. L
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Evan. L »

Evening, hopefully this reaches you all well. I've been told this is the place to go, I have a hornby A4 and a common issue is the buffer section coming off. I have stupidly lost it and can't source a replacement anywhere that is in stock, if Mr King sees this I've Ben told you do resin replacements. However if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.
Regards, Evan
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

If Graeme hasn't got any resin versions .

Peter Spares do one in Brass, personally I would go for a resin version in preference.

https://www.petersspares.com/peters-spa ... buffers.ir
Evan. L
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Evan. L »

They're out of stock. Om going to a show in May so maybe might find one there. But I'm not hopeful.