Wanted -- M&GN book by Nigel J. Digby

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

lee_clarke
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Wanted -- M&GN book by Nigel J. Digby

Post by lee_clarke »

** ALL SORTED ON THIS ONE, THANKS **

Not purely LNER, but I am looking for a book about the M&GN by the Nigel J. Digby, titled 'Stations & Structures of the Midland & Great Northern Railway' volume 1. I believe it was first released around 2014.
I have volume 2, but so far have been unable to obtain the first volume.

If anyone has a copy and is interested in letting it go, I will of course pay a reasonable cost. (think it was around the £30 mark originally). An image of the cover is attached.

I can be contacted at l.clarke464@btinternet.com

My thanks in advance

Lee
Attachments
m&gn.png
Last edited by lee_clarke on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: Wanted -- M&GN book by Nigel J. Digby

Post by Kestrel »

Have you been to the likes of WH Smith and given them the ISBN code? Failing that, see if your local library can get it for you and then scan it.
lee_clarke
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by lee_clarke »

Good Morning,

Thanks for the reply. I had tried Waterstones with the ISBN, only to find out it was unavailable, so I hadn't tried anywhere else.
I'll try W.H. Smith when I'm passing next.
I will keep trying Amazon and e-bay for a second hand one.
Interesting thought about the local library, but rather shamefully, it made me realise I haven't been in my local library for nearly 30 years

Thanks again
Lee
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I haven't been in a Waterstone's for 20+ years :-) but I would have thought they would have been able to source any imprint UK book as long as it isn't self published or an obscure publisher.

For used books, there are a number of online "clearing houses" for used books - eg. Abebooks, and even amazon. They'll list the used book sellers who have copies of the book, along with condition, etc. They can be useful to find older books. People complain about the Internet killing booksellers, but this is somewhere where the Internet actually helps independent booksellers!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia